Monday, April 27, 2009

The young Victoria









I came upon this photoshoot that Emily Blunt did for Vanity Fair.
And I absolutely loved it! I adore the entire Victorian look.
It makes me dream away.....
The photoshoot is inspired by her new movie, The Young Victoria. It is a British costume drama film based on the young life of Queen Victoria of the United Kingdom.
Have a look at the amazing trailer here.

I also wanted to share a poem with you by Elizabeth Barrett Browning who was considered
as one of the most important poets of the Victorian era.

How Do I Love Thee?

How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.
I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height
My soul can reach, when feeling out of sight
For the ends of being and ideal grace.
I love thee to the level of every day's
Most quiet need, by sun and candlelight. I love thee freely, as men strive for right:
I love thee purely, as they turn from praise.
I love thee with the passion put to use
In my old griefs, and with my childhood's faith.
I love thee with a love I seemed to lose
With my lost saints. I love thee with the breath, Smiles, tears, of all my life - and if God choose,
I shall but love thee better after death.

1 comment:

Sadie Oppedahl said...

I love your website. We have so much in common, i was obsessed with the Miss Dior advertisement when it came out. Do you read? If so then you should pick up Water For Elephants, this web page reminds me of it.